The president of the Hellenic Institute of Byzantine and Post-Byzantine Studies in Venice, Professor Vaseilios Koukousas, had a working meeting in New York with the director of Byzantine Studies of Dumbarton Oaks, Dr. Nikos Kontogiannis.
Issues of common interest were discussed and it emerged that there are possibilities for broad cooperation and the signing of a memorandum in the near future which will include the following areas:
1. Joint actions and events during the Byzantine Conference to be held in Venice in August 2022.
2. Publication of studies and collective works.
3. Co-organization of Conferences, Meetings and Exhibitions.
4. Creation of joint summer programs in the fields of Byzantine studies (summer schools)
5. Conclusion of agreements and participation in research networks with other European and US entities